Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tastes of Overseas

So I recently spent a couple of weeks overseas and I wanted to share some delicious findings with you....





Cinnamon - Istanbul
These cinnamon sticks delicately held together with the smallest of strings
really caught my eye. The smell was simply intoxicating and I was
compelled to take a photo, even if only to remember the beautiful bundles.







Turkish Spice Market - Istanbul
The spice market was a bombardment of the senses really. Every spice imaginable filled
the halls with its aroma mixing and swirling with the hundred of others. The neatly
heaped piles stretched on for what seemed like forever. Definitely a foodie highlight.





Breakfast - Istanbul
The hotel had a beautiful spread every morning of fresh, locally made cheeses, dried fruits,
cold cuts, olives, marinated capsicum etc. Not to mention the fruit salads, yoghurts, muffins, cakes
and freshly squeezed juices... Basically it ticked every possible box.





Cherry filled pastries - Odessa
Each pastry, lovingly hand made and filled with organic local cherries.
I had the privilege of scoffing a couple. Divine.






Market - St. Petersburg
I couldn't take my eyes off these vegetables. There was something about this beautiful
fresh produce that seemed so vibrant! Perhaps it was in contrast with the people...




Fresh fruit and veg - St. Petersburg
It's not featured in this photo unfortunately, but at this market I found the most
fascinating fruit!
It was a peach that looked as though it had been flattened to almost a donut-like shape
and boy did they taste just as sweet!!!!!







Fresh honey - St. Petersburg
The lady at this stall tried to convince me into buying 1kg of honey
to take home to Australia with me... she obviously hasn't
seen Border Security.


I hope you all had delicious holidays,

Me.




No comments:

Post a Comment