Saturday, August 13, 2011

Just a simple night in...

Sometimes theres nothing better than a night in after a long day at work and what better way to spend it with a beautiful glass of wine and a woodfired pizza.

I'm lucky to have one of Melbourne's best gourmet pizza places in my neighbourhood. An intimate spot with only a couple of tables, this is my takeaway place of choice. An authentic Italian experience from start to finish, you will savour every single bite.


Here's what I decided to order...






Garlic Prawn Pizza - A crispy thin base, about 20 beautifully curled
prawns coated in a lemon and parsley marinade and of course some
melted mozzarella because what would a pizza be without it...





Da Massimo Pizza received a write up recently in Epicure here's the link - http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/restaurants-and-bars/da-massimo-20110806-1ig39.html



You can't enjoy a delicious seafood pizza without a glorious white wine. Gehrig is the oldest winery in Victoria and I've visited their vineyard in Rutherglen, it was simply beautiful. I thoroughly enjoy their Autumn Riesling every time I drink it.




The label - This wine is smooth, easy to drink and sweet in all the right places.






The perfect combination...



All of this coupled with a good chick flick and I was set for a fabulous night in.



Hope you had something delicious this weekend,



Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment