Thursday, January 5, 2012

Union Dining

The MFWF team celebrated Christmas at Union Dining last year, a realtively new restaurant in Richmond that celebrates Victoria, seasonal produce and sharing plates. My absolute favourite thing about food and dining is being able to share it with other and guilty of tasting everyone else’s dishes at dinner. Yes. I’m THAT person. So Union Dining is definitely my style.


Here’s what the MFWF team had for their Christmas lunch, or at least everything I managed to take a picture of before the foodies pounced on it.


Our beautiful table.


The menu which had our mouths watering before anything even hit the table.


Unfortunately I don't happen to have a picture of the quick cured salmon but this is a MUST HAVE dish when visiting Union Dining. You'll thank me later.




Smoked ham hock, fregola, soft egg & cornichons was a surprise favourite of mine! The runny egg yolk was the added a rich coating to the pearl shaped pasta and the tender piece of ham. Highly recommend!






Mussels with fennel, garlic & amontillado sherry. this was admittedly the first time I've every actually enjoyed eating muscles and the Mediterranean flavours had me going back for more.






Abbachio of baby lamb, green chilli, pecorino & baked semolina gnocchi. This was without a doubt the hero dish of the entire meal for me. The lamb fell off the bone as you would hope after being slow cooked for nine hours. the pecorino and chilli gave it a nice kick that was softened by the smoothness of the semolina.







Strawberry Breton . You can't really go worng when you combine strawberries, the crack of a butterscotch soaked cookie with a generous helping of cream. need i say more?





And as you know I'm not a coffee drinker and I particularly enjoyed the way my English Breakfast tea was served and it was the loveliest finish to a wonderful meal where each dish with its matched wine was better than the last.


Since writing this post I went back to Union Dining sampling some of the same dishes as well as some others from their summer menu and let me assure you, I was in no way disappointed. They've opened a Terrace upstairs too so be sure to check it out.


Hope you had something delicious today,


Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment